Incident 412: Finland Police's Facial Recognition Trial to Identify Sexual Abuse Victims Deemed Illegal
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has discovered within its activities a possible information security incident involving personal data and has made a report on the incident to the National Police Board. The alleged incident took p…
Officers at Finland's National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) have used the controversial facial recognition app Clearview AI, even though its use was not widely known within the organisation, according to documents seen by Yle.
The matter w…
- View the original report at its source
- View the report at the Internet Archive
Law enforcement agencies and government organizations from 24 countries outside the United States used a controversial facial recognition technology called Clearview AI, according to internal company data reviewed by BuzzFeed News.
- Date of final decision: 20 September 2021
- Cross-border case or national case: National case
- Controller: National Police Board
- Legal Reference: Art. 14 in the Act on the Processing of Personal Data in Criminal Matters…