Join the Responsible AI Collaborative Founding Staff
Mar 29, 2022
The AI Incident Database launched publicly in November 2020 as a dashboard of AI harms realized in the real world. Inspired by similar databases in the aviation industry, its change thesis is derived from the Santayana aphorism, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
We need your help to build the history of AI's failures
With a 5x expansion of funding, the AI Incident Database has formed the Responsible AI Collaborative and is now hiring its founding staff of leaders for the AI incident impact space. Candidates sought include (1) programmatic candidates that know about real world AI incident mitigation, and (2) web development engineering candidates.
Required Candidate Skills (all candidates):
- Basic data science skills (e.g., scripting queries to databases)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Required Candidate Skills (engineering):
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries
- Experience with React and Node.js
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
The Responsible AI commercial space is expanding rapidly and people with appropriate skills in research, policy, and engineering are highly valued. We are committed to paying people their market wages so you will build for the long term. The positions are,
- 100 percent remote
- 100 percent open source
- Open to global applicants not subject to US sanctions
Read more about the organization and progress in the launch report.
This job posting is intentionally broad and presents the bare minimums for consideration. We will consider all persons capable of advancing the AI Incident Database's change thesis.
To apply or ask questions, please send an email to Sean McGregor (email@example.com) and include,
- Your CV/resume
- From a user perspective, what is the most annoying element of the AI Incident Database, and how would you make a change?
Please do not spend more than 15 minutes on the above question. Limit your response to a single paragraph.
By Responsible AI Collaborative